Public a still tension in the swell | intro, joining...?

Sonder

loner | any prns
Aug 26, 2021
Bones

a slight chill wracks through sonder's body.

the cold season was fast approaching. surely a bad time for him to be wandering off on his own. as prey continues to become scarcer, cats were sure to become antsier, something the tortoiseshell knew for certain after the time spent with sparrow's group.

conflicting feelings had been bubbling up inside them ever since nymph's patrol had returned. what had previously been a relatively comfortable position for them suddenly seemed much more... questionable. he was puzzled over how to feel about such an incident. the only thing she could conclude is that he needed to see the other side. what were the clan cats thinking right this moment...?

and so he left, slipping away from the group while the sun was high. he hadn't received so much as a glance in his direction as he left. and there they walked, wandering clan territory in search of someone to speak to. unfortunately, it had taken him quite a while to realize he had no idea where their camp was.

mismatched ears perked up as she picked up a sound, his eyes searching to find the source; a small creature, rustling through the grass. they weren't quite sure what it was- as a born and raised housecat, he wasn't familiar with many types of prey, aside from the common mouse. it seemed... similar. but certainly not quite the same.

and it was quite the wonder that the little creature had wandered so close to him. after all, sonder did want to be discovered, she was making no effort to conceal herself. maybe then, this little thing would be dull enough for even him to catch. they'd likely win the favor of the clan cats if they brought prey... right?

the tortoiseshell drops into a crouch, one that he had previously only used for attacking the fake prey his housefolk would give him. absentmindedly he hopes that no cat was watching him. she imagined she must look ridiculous, compared to the skilled hunters they'd lived with in the past. their tail brushes through the grass and the little thing perks up suddenly. a twinge of annoyance makes itself known in the back of his head. only now this little creature decides to pay attention? ah, but of course.

a moment of hesitation. then another. far too much time sonder took to consider their options before the creature was gone. scuttling out of his sight before the loner had even had a chance to think.

sonder only blinks slowly in response, bringing herself out of the crouch and back into reality simultaneously. this development was far too unsurprising to be upset about.

another, louder sound is heard to his right, and he turns slowly to find the source. had another chance at prey just made itself known to them? ...unlikely.

//my first time rping here! apologies for the long start ^^'

Reactions: CORNSKIP

BUMBLEBREEZE

SILENCE IS BLISS
Jul 28, 2021
Bones

"ANGEL WINGS BUT A DEVIL'S GRIN"
A warrior finally, on her own. But with a whole family, a whole clan with her. It was exciting to be a warrior of Windclan. No longer was she the kittypet Marlene. But Bumblebreeze the warrior. She was proud of herself for coming so far but it was also dampened by what laid ahead. War. A fight for their home tarnished the ceremony. The words marked by blood that needed to be spilled. Perhaps that was why she was cautious in the end as she roamed the rolling hills. Her eyes watching every swaying bush and moving blade of grass. Her tail swept low as she pulled her ears forward at the sound of something. Prey scuttling but it appeared that it was running from something. Turning her bright blue eyes in the direction it had come from she spotted someone. A cat. Immediately the hair along her spine prickled and raised.

Normally she was more friendly, more open. But after the recent weeks, nay, the recent days things were a bit different. With her tail hanging slightly she started to make her way over clearing displaying her defensive posture as she watched them. What did they want? She parted her jaws and smelled trying to figure out where they were from. 'Hopefully to not cause trouble...' She thought before the slender chocolate point woman stood before them. Waiting for an answer and looking intently.

CORNSKIP

[🌆] lovebug
Aug 6, 2021
Bones

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ The newly appointed warrior coincidentally had been not too far away from Bumblebreeze, he had been roaming the lands for the first time by himself. No warrior needed to accompany him anymore... though the unfamiliar scent that no doubt belonged to a feline entered his nostrils. Immediately he moved in to investigate, arriving right after the chocolate masked she-cat. He finds himself somewhat relieved he wouldn't be the only cat confronting the stranger... Until the feline seemed to pose a thread Cornskip would be friendly though! "Greetings." The red tabby meows, some uncertainty evident in his tone, "I'm Cornskip, this is M-Bumblebreeze," it'd take him awhile to get use to his friend's new name, "We're from WindClan, does anything bring you to the hills?"

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions }​
╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· CORNPAW . male — he / him
╰ ‣ 18 moons . ages on the 1st of every month
╰ ‣ ex-loner . no titles

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, status — 100%
╰ ‣ a small, handsome, red tabby tom with brilliant emerald eyes

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
╰ ‣ loving . soft . curious . eager-learner, people-pleaser . sensitive . shy

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· PETUNIA x ROCK CLAW
╰ ‣ brother to morningcry & sunny
╰ ‣ sexuality unknown.
╰ ‣ okay fighter . okay hunter . no medical knowledge
╰ ‣ will not start fights . will most likely not stop fights . will flee . won't kill
╰ ‣ attacks in bold . penned by myth​

DUNEPELT.

[ THEY / THEM ] i'm not scared to be alone
Aug 1, 2021
Bones

A new scent. It wasn't always welcome, especially given the string of rogues they had wandering around their lands. They feel uneasy, since they cannot truly gage how hostile they are. They stand beside Bumblebreeze, gently tapping their tail against her. It was less for her, and more to make sure they were in a good spot. They'd apologize for it later. Their ears twitch toward Cornskip, who speaks up, and Dunepelt has half a mind to do so to, but what more could they say? They twitch their nose for a moment, before deciding to speak up. "Are you alright? Did you need some... help finding something?"
I NEED TIME TO GET UP AND GET OFF THE FLOORtags

Rat!

Accident Prone
Aug 5, 2021
Bones
☽ I don't know how to face it, I don't know how to name it ☾

Ratpaw would simply join the others silently - she had nothing to offer the conversation, instead content to simply observe. She preferred it that way anyways - her ears flicked wildly at each and every sound, her muscles tensed, coiled and ready to flee at the slightest sign of confrontation. She did not mind hunting, or marking boundaries or whatnot, but she got injured enough without seeking out fights.

☽ don't know who to blame but nothing seems alright ☾

Sonder

loner | any prns
Aug 26, 2021
Bones

"clan cats," they mew, voice harboring an air of wonder as his gaze sweeps across the new arrivals. they had only heard tales of them up until now, from loners and housecats alike as she traveled. and now, he was face to face with them. they were very... normal looking. though he supposed he shouldn't have expected much more. the tortoiseshell's tail sways behind him ever so slightly, pleased to have finally found what she was looking for.

sonder blinks, taking a moment to ground himself before dipping his head in a greeting. staring was a bad habit of theirs. "i'm quite alright, thank you. i was looking for you, actually." They pause for a moment to think, before adding, "not you, specifically. i've never met any of you. but clan cats, generally. your group intrigues me. i'd like to learn more." he finishes simply, wanting to make sure her intentions were clear.

CORNSKIP

[🌆] lovebug
Aug 6, 2021
Bones

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ More clan-mates of his coming to the scene gives him a further sense of security, strangers always made him a tad nervous... even if they seemingly meant well! Ma had just taught him to be weary, it was in his nature at this point. "You were looking for us?" He echoes, wondering in the split-second of silence if they had yet another joiner on their paws. More clan-mates meant more friends, Cornskip was always joyful to see new cats. Though they didn't ask to join, not yet anyways... but they desire to learn more about WindClan. "Well... what do you want to know? We'd all be happy to answer any questions you have." He grins, he would've just started explaining a bunch of things but... where did you even start?! There was so much he could tell this stranger about the clan!​

╰ ‣ ex-loner . no titles

· PETUNIA x ROCK CLAW
╰ ‣ sexuality unknown.
╰ ‣ will not start fights . will most likely not stop fights . will flee . won't kill

BUMBLEBREEZE

SILENCE IS BLISS
Jul 28, 2021
Bones

"ANGEL WINGS BUT A DEVIL'S GRIN"
The soft tapping of a tail against her leg made her jolt a little. It was unexpected but as soon as she realized that it was Dunepelt the molly relaxed. It was okay and she gave them a gentle nudge before looking back up to view the stranger. Cornskip was here and she viewed him with a softness she normally didn't give to anyone else. He was better suited for this anyway given that the stranger seemed to be looking to learn about the clans. As it stood she wouldn't really be able to tell them about it. She was mute after all and so she merely stayed close to Duneoelt just in case things did go sour after all. She didn't want anyone to be harmed.

Sonder

loner | any prns
Aug 26, 2021
Bones

They pause for a moment to think, realizing they weren't quite prepared for such a question. "I'm afraid my questions may be too numerous to cover in such a short amount of time." His tail twitches restlessly as she thinks, noticing how the sun was becoming lower and lower in the sky with each passing moment. with the lack of hunting prowess, they were unsure what exactly they would do...

he perks up as an idea comes to him. "if i may suggest," they mew. "could i... take an extended stay with you clan cats?" there's a hint of a purr rumbling from his chest as he further considers the possibilities. "in fact, that would be quite the perfect arrangement... is your clan open to newcomers?"

//apologies for slow replies :')

CORNSKIP

[🌆] lovebug
Aug 6, 2021
Bones

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ "Oh!" Exclaims Cornskip at the rogue's suggestion, WindClan as far as he was aware was always open to taking new cats in! As long as he had been in WindClan never has he seen Brightstar turn away a cat, he was positive she'd be happy to take him in. "Of course! I mean- I can't say for sure, it's up to Brightstar, our leader. But I think she'd most likely be happy to take you in, we can take you to go see her!" He chirps, excitement evident in his voice. He looks to the others, certain that they'd agree.

// @BRIGHTSTAR

╰ ‣ ex-loner . no titles

· PETUNIA x ROCK CLAW
╰ ‣ sexuality unknown.