Public i jumped so high i touched the clouds // joining

Sapphire

the clever & swift
Nov 29, 2020
Bones

Sapphire trudged through the mountain and the trees, wondering when would she reach the top. Paws aching, her stomach growled, her blue collar tight on her neck, and she paused for a second. The kittypet glanced around at the landscape, not looking down, skies help her if she did, and watching the clouds as they approached and then vanished into thin air.

The view really was different up there. Maybe this was the change she'd been looking for. I mean, even though it's scary, it could do, right? Maybe I could find some sort of burrow around here. Despite the urge, she hadn't allowed herself to stop often during the trip, knowing that the farther she got, the bigger chance of finding food and shelter. This place wasn't the most welcoming, and yet the wind blowing through her thin fur, though it stung, brought her a strange kind of satisfaction. Yeah, maybe this wasn't that bad of an idea. She could stop somewhere here, and continue down into the valley. Over the mountain she goes...

The kittypet continued further up, muscles aching but she refused to acknowledge it. Droplets from the fog were getting caught at the tips of her fur, causing her to try to shake off the water.

Hmm, her siblings would never actually get somewhere up here. They never wished for anything more, did they? Her parents didn't either. Guess that was why she was traveling alone, after all. Bet they wouldn't expect her to be up here, ha? Well, hopefully, they'd be proud of her. They were... they had their own life, and she needed to find something, somewhere for herself. And this was the first step, climbing up this mountain, well, if she didn't die. Which was entirely possible, and the thought gave her the much-needed adrenaline to keep going.

Even if she did die, at least she did something? Chills ran down her spine at the thought. No, of course, she wouldn't. She'd show everyone what she was made of, that they could do more than just stick to where they were born. New experiences, huh? They'd be proud. They'd be so proud of her for... running off and getting lost. Yeah, definitely.

Unbeknownst to her, she had passed the border. And there it went, a rare sight, a small bird that somehow was all the way up here, where only the giants flew. Her eyes locked onto it, and she carefully examined the terrain, before leaping up and attempting to catch it. She barely managed to fall on all four paws, scaring the prey away, and she swished her tail in irritation. Didn't matter, she'd get it next time.

She was getting kind of lonely, thinking about it. Bee would have not been mad at her for leaving, he'd probably just try to make sure she was alright. Apple would be the one angry, he often would lash out at her for being unreasonable. Feather... she probably wouldn't care that much, would she. She didn't know which one of her siblings' possible reactions would have been worse if they knew. Well... at least they would care, right?

Even if she wanted to return, she didn't really know where she'd come from... her journey she spent talking with herself, not really focusing on where she was going. It passed by in a blur, and registered as not much more than a blur in her memories.
oh the break of the day shed its light

Reactions: Strawberry Tuft

STONETELLER

↪ GRAY WOLF
Oct 17, 2020
Bones

Gray Wolf never really understood loners who were "drawn" to the mountains, as much as he loved his home the fact cats who could pick anywhere to come and stay chose here bothered him to no end. If he had been a loner, he would've picked somewhere that would've given him an easy life. The mountains in the Time of Frozen Water were harsh and unforgiving, a cat who didn't take shelter at night would either be taken by the cold or by the fangs of wolves and Sharptooth's, or perhaps even the talons of a bird.

He had heard cats whisper about a lake, it was quite aways from here but their description of the land sounded lovely. Things got harsh in the Time of Frozen Water, but never this bad... never this cold either... From down there all you had to worry about were foxes and the occasional coyote, anywhere but the mountains sounded like a paradise to him.

However, this was his home, the place his ancestors had picked for the tribe to stay. If they left they'd be leaving their ancestors behind, that could never happen. Without them, he was certain the tribe would be lost. So Gray Wolf was tied to this place.
Pushing through the snow as strong winds blow against him, upon swearing he heard a noise he looks down from the ledge he found himself on. It didn't take long at all to spot the dark striped feline within the snow, looked to be the age of a softpaw... He had spotted her just in time to watch the feline give a poor leap at the bird, startling it before she could even get close enough to scrape it with her claws. It was either just sloppy hunting, or this cat didn't have the proper training.

Which is when his eyes pivot to the blue-collar, a kittypet. Former one anyway...
"The mountains are dangerous to even those who have lived here all their lives." He begins with a raised voice so that his words would be carried to the feline who walked below. "Even more so for a kittypet. You should turn back while you can, you still have a bit of daylight left. Don't wanna be up here with no shelter come nightfall."

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions }​
╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· GRAY WOLF . male — he / him
╰ ‣ 61 moons . ages on the 25th of every month
╰ ‣ torw stoneteller . no titles

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, status — 100%
╰ ‣ gray and white tom. green eyes . nicked left ear & scar on left shoulder .

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ISTJ-A ❝ THE LOGISTICIAN ❞ , ravenclaw, lawful good
╰ ‣ observant . stoic . caring
╰ ‣ easily sympathizes with others . often helps with tough love

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· EAGLE SIGHT x NPC
╰ ‣ heterosexual . mate to Howling Wind
╰ ‣ father to Raven Wing & Cloud Wisp . more on the way
╰ ‣ average fighter . average hunter . basic medical knowledge
╰ ‣ avoids starting fights . will stop fights . will flee . will kill if must
╰ ‣ attacks in bold . penned by myth​

Sapphire

the clever & swift
Nov 29, 2020
Bones

Sapphire's eyes snapped up, and she scanned over the grey tomcat with suspicion. Had he just... come out of nowhere? Or were her senses really that bad and untrained? Ha, no, surely not. She found herself smirking as she imagined the tomcat leaping from under the ground, or perhaps getting dropped off in front of her by a big bird. The thought was so ridiculous it entertained her, and as she came back to the present she felt a bit less off about the cat. Though her smile might have seemed a bit dumb to... anyone who didn't know what was going on inside her mind, basically.

What was he actually doing there? And why would... why would cats live here all their lives? That's just dumb, isn't it? There surely are nicer places, though this one was quite interesting. "All their lives? You oughta be joking. Who would stay here? I mean, you could get used to it, it has its own beauty you could say. The weather is different than where I come from. But live here? I don't know, how would you sustain yourself? Doesn't make much sense if you ask me. And hopping down to get food from twolegs every few dawns also seems like a bit of a stretch." She paused for a second to reconsider her words. "Well, actually, if you had something to carry a lot of it, that kinda seems like a valid strategy, doesn't it? Though this sure is a trip, almost fell down a hole like... what, three times now?" Well. She wasn't really counting.

"I'm sorry, what did you say about uh... danger and whatnot? I don't really know, sorry. Did you introduce yourself? I'm Sapphire, just in case, didn't want to seem rude. Either way, I kind of just, set off on my own? Don't know if you wanna listen in on this, if you're just here all by yourself, you might. Do cats like me come here often? You seem weirdly calm about this. It's just I needed a breath of fresh air, you know. How long do you think it would take to get to the other side of this mountain? Do you have an idea as to what might be there?" She sure hoped she wasn't being a bother, this cat didn't seem to have bad intentions and so it would be unwise to get on his bad side. "Either way, I don't really remember uhh, which direction I came from? So, I'm just trying to find my way to somewhere I can rest for the night. So if you knew about any... you know, abandoned burrows? Underground tunnel systems? Or like, hollow trunks... are there hollow trunks around here? Yeah, that's kind of what I'm looking for, didn't wanna bother you."

Oct 25, 2020
Bones
As a cat who navigated almost entirely though what he heard and felt, it was often that he missed important events, such as... felines appearing at their border. But... even just milling around their territory, searching for somewhere to hunt, something to do to distract himself from the sadness that ebbed at his soul, it was impossible not to hear the endless chatter that flowed from the maw of this cat. He recognised Gray Wolf's scent, but the presence of the other was not one he could place, and from the word 'kittypet' that he thought he had caught, he figured that was exactly what had wandered onto their land. Oh, kittypets... pampered creatures, all of them with a superiority complex because they believed the easy life was the best life.

"And I thought Strawberry Tuft could talk..." The gray and white tom murmured, half a smile curved upon his maw. With a half-lidded smile, half-assed and almost detached looking, directing his vision toward her. "We have a cave. But it's cold. You probably wouldn't like it." Fanged Throat was the very picture of the dangers of living on this mountain, a scary mirage- he imagined he might look like some sort of dishevelled monster compared to the kittypet from which this chipper, excited voice was coming from.

Warm Rain

💧
Oct 27, 2020
Bones
Warm Rain glanced at Gray Wolf in confusion. Kittypet? She'd never heard that term before and as much as she didn't want to be rude, she couldn't help but wonder what that was that was fastened around her neck. "Isn't that... thing around your neck uncomfortable?" She asked with perplexed yellow eyes. "She's probably tired and it's only going to get colder. Can't she stay in the cave for the night?" She insisted. She didn't want her to get frostbite and lose an ear, or worse. She didn't wish that on any cat. It wasn't safe for any cat to be out on their own, that's why the Tribe cats typically went hunting in groups. A lone cat like her could easily be a hungry wolf's next meal.

Sapphire

the clever & swift
Nov 29, 2020
Bones

Sapphire pondered for a moment on whether it was worth it to ask this cat what had happened to him. He didn't look like he was threatening her, but his looks were... wow, how does a cat even end up like that? But in the end, curiosity has to go aside when you're trying to be a sensitive person. Those must have been some memories he probably didn't want to be brought back. And so she ignored his... rather distracting looks to listen to what he had to say. She gave a soft chuckle.
"This entire place is cold, a cave would probably be nice, though the bigger it is, the colder probably... How big is the cave again?"
Well, another cat. That... how many of them were there? She didn't feel intimidated though, more confused. "Um... it's a gift. It's not really uncomfortable, it can get scratchy sometimes, but I like it. My brother says it looks good on me, and he knows what looks good," she explained. He really did, she could only wish for such a shiny, luscious pelt. Sadly, she herself inherited nearly nothing from her mother. So, the collar could hopefully save it just a bit. "If I could stay in your cave for the night... yeah, that would be appreciated. I am pretty tired," she purred, and really, her eyes were pretty heavy. "So, if you have space, and it's 't least a lil bit warmer in there, and you all would let me, I wouldn't mind staying. You, uh... what's your names? Sapphire."

STONETELLER

↪ GRAY WOLF
Oct 17, 2020
Bones

An ear flicks at both Fanged Throat and Warm Rain's arrival at the scene in slight acknowledgment, however, his emerald eyes refuse to move from the stranger. She was young but a stranger nonetheless, even if she didn't seem like much harm and was a kittypet... His whiskers would twitch as she spoke, he'd stay silent for a few moments before being prompted by Gray Wolf to let her stay.

This wasn't a time to be giving strangers things for free... it was cruel and he wished he could help without hesitance but the tribe was still struggling for food. The only thing keeping them afloat not was Minnow's Rest, the time of frozen water was still very much rough.
He'd finally break his silence however, "You can stay, but even just for the night you will pay us back in some way." He wasn't sure how, but he'd think of something that even a young kittypet could do.

She introduces herself as Sapphire, before asking them to do the same. "I'm Gray Wolf." He'd meow, almost going to introduce Warm Rain and Fanged Throat but he stops himself, "We're the Tribe of Rushing Water, there is a lot more of us back at the cave." He'd inform.

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions }​
╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· GRAY WOLF . male — he / him
╰ ‣ 61 moons . ages on the 25th of every month
╰ ‣ torw stoneteller . no titles

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, status — 100%
╰ ‣ gray and white tom. green eyes . nicked left ear & scar on left shoulder .

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ISTJ-A ❝ THE LOGISTICIAN ❞ , ravenclaw, lawful good
╰ ‣ observant . stoic . caring
╰ ‣ easily sympathizes with others . often helps with tough love

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· EAGLE SIGHT x NPC
╰ ‣ heterosexual . mate to Howling Wind
╰ ‣ father to Raven Wing & Cloud Wisp . more on the way
╰ ‣ average fighter . average hunter . basic medical knowledge
╰ ‣ avoids starting fights . will stop fights . will flee . will kill if must
╰ ‣ attacks in bold . penned by myth​

Reactions: Sapphire

Warm Rain

💧
Oct 27, 2020
Bones
"That's a nice name," Warm Rain chirped, though she wasn't entirely sure what it meant-- she just liked how it sounded. "I'm Warm Rain and that's Fanged Throat." She explained, gesturing to him with her smoky gray tail. Gray Wolf had already introduced himself. "The cave is really big, but the moss keeps us warm. I'll fetch you some when we get back." She promised. She felt slightly sympathetic toward the younger she-cat; this was no weather for her to be wandering around by herself. it was dangerous too, with hawks abound.

Strawberry Tuft

「 🌱🍓🌿 」
Nov 16, 2020
Bones
she-cat | sharpclaw | tags | penned by Sibyl
notexthere
By sheer coincidence, Strawberry Tuft had been following a new trail when she happened to hear her name. She definitely wasn't attempting to practice her stalking at all. Nope. Even if she was... well, it seemed she was getting a bit better since she hadn't been noticed yet. Up until Fanged Throat off-handedly mentioned her title and earned a playful tsk from the she-cat.

"I haven't talked your ears off yet because you'd learn to tune me out in a matter of heartbeats, curls." Purred the thick-furred sharpclaw as she emerged from behind a jagged ledge, poising her tail behind her in greeting as she smiled warmly to this stranger.

A kittypet, huh? She's only ever heard about them from stories. In her mind, they were always these round, chunky cats too lazy or too proud to leave their twolegs. But upon closer inspection... Sapphire seemed lean, and young, and most certainly not lazy if she managed to climb the mountain up to the tribe's territory.

"I'm a little late, but hi! I'm Strawberry Tuft." She would shoot the other feline a friendly, toothy smile. "I couldn't hep but notice that you mentioned you were just off on your own. Do you have anywhere specific in mind, or are you just... going wherever the wind takes you, perhaps?" That kind of lifestyle seemed a lot more dangerous than just settling in with the tribe, but what did Strawberry Tuft know? She's been born and raised here.

"Speaking." / Thinking.

NAME;
Strawberry Tuft
GENDER; She-Cat (cis)
PRONOUNS; Feminine (she/her/hers)
GROUP; Ancient Tribe of Rushing Water
RANK; Sharpclaw
DESCRIPTION; A long-furred red lynx-point with turquoise eyes and peach-hued fur
INTERACTION; powerplay allowed for peaceful/non-violent interaction,
attack in underline
BIOGRAPHY; tba
FULL TAGS; tba
IMPORTANT THREADS; n/a

amber flame

GOBLIN
Dec 2, 2020
Bones

Amber followed after Strawberry, the tabby a dark ginger against the natural grays and whites of the mountain and her clanmates, sticking out like a sore thumb as her green eyes met the kittypet's. She waved her tail in greeting, the young softpaw's lips pulling back into a friendly smile. She vaguely recognized the scent of a kittypet, a smell more buried in her memories rather than a true recognition, though her memory was laced with more milk than anything else.
She finally listened into the conversation at hand, snorting in amusement at Strawberry's words toward Fanged Throat, glancing back at her tribe mates with amusement twinkling in her green gaze before she looked back to Sapphire, calling, "I'm Amber Flame! A, uh... yeah, that's-that's all." She gave an awkward little laugh afterward, flicking her tail as she glanced back toward everyone, hoping someone else would speak.
"speech"
LOOK AT YOU, STRAWBERRY BLONDEtags
Name: Amber Flame
Pronouns: she/her & they/them
Group: ToRW
Appearance: warm chocolate classic tabby with pale green eyes

Sapphire

the clever & swift
Nov 29, 2020
Bones

Sapphire's tail flicked behind her, it was a bit too much information to take in at once and her memories were already blurring together. That was a lot of names to remember, and they completely escaped her current memory moments after they were spoken. Despite that, she gave a small smile, suddenly feeling even more tired than before with the promise of rest. A lot of cats were gathering, and she subconsciously scratched the hard ground with her claws as she swept her eyes over them. On the other side, it was... kind of nice. Being alone was a little bit scary since she's never been in the wilderness before. If there were other cats who would help her out, since they lived here, even if it were to cost her, why not give it a shot? It was interesting, interesting, something different, that was what she was looking for.

Gray Wolf seemed to be scanning her, and at least in this place, he seemed to take on a leadership role. She didn't know whether there was an actual hierarchy, she's never had one in her life before, so it was hard to imagine one cat moderating the actions of others. But it was calming to know that the final decision came to a single cat, it made it easier for her to read the situation.

The group's name was even more complicated than the cats' names. Why couldn't they just be called like her siblings? Apple's a much easier to remember name than... she couldn't even remember one to give herself an example. She was happy however that she got some information, and knowing there was even more of these cats gave her... hope, you could call it? If they could survive in a mountain, so could she, right? Even though they probably had some sort of stable and smart system... her mind ran over the possibilities, but she only gave a nod and pushed her thoughts further back into her mind. Curiosity is a funny thing, and it usually shows the most when you're in a new environment. Sapphire had no idea what was happening, to be quite honest, but it seemed like it was going well.

"I see why you'd want something in return, sure. I'll try my best, though you must understand I'm quite new to this mountain thing. Well, also to the wilderness thing. So, it might take a bit for me to be helpful, living up here must require some hard-earned skill and I don't see myself being of much use compared to the rest of you." She didn't want to make her chances of getting to sleep in some warmth tonight slimmer than they were already, on the other side being honest is a good way to earn people's trust. Or so Bee would say. "How did all of you even get the idea to come here in the first place?" It really was quite curious. Were they all like her, seeking a different path?

Sapphire gave Warm Rain a smile, seeing as she was the one to offer her shelter. And how mom always says, be thankful for kind acts. Not like that didn't come naturally to her, just not as naturally as the rest of them. "That's good! How does moss keep you warm though? And thanks, that's really kind of you." She tried to ignore the temperature, but being in a warm environment again was a welcome change.

Of what Strawberry Tuft was saying, didn't understand the first part in the slightest, but the second one was just a question for her. Well, she gotta repay them satisfying her curiosity, doesn't she? "Hey there! Yeah, I wasn't really happy where I was, and everyone was satisfied just staying where they were. So I just kind of decided to go find something better, and learn new things, you know? I'm looking for a better home, whether that's alone or somewhere where I'll fit in better. So kind of just, wherever the wind takes me? I mean, it wasn't technically wind, I saw a mountain and went 'why not climb to the other side of it!' so now I'm here. Only twolegnests as far as I can see in the other direction, this climbing over a mountain seemed like a good start." A good start of what? Hell if she knew! Up to interpretation.

These people seemed pretty nice as far as she could tell. And interesting, which was good, that was what she was looking for. She was looking for something that would fit her, and she didn't want to be bland, and being interesting was being weird where she was from. It was difficult to explain and sounded a bit stupid. Did she sound stupid? She hoped not.