New Feature! Posting Templates!

Robbytaku

Stargazer
Administrator
Oct 6, 2020
Bones
Hi everyone!
Got an exciting new addition to the site! You've been asking for them, and they're finally here! Please give a warm welcome to posting templates! For those of you haven't used posting templates before, these allow you to save your fancyposts in one manageable area so that you can quickly select them from a menu rather than having to copy/paste them from a character or code storage thread or an external doc.

To access the editor templates menu, click on your profile picture at the top right of the page and use the Editor templates button to navigate there as demonstrated in the screenshot in the spoiler below!
1620055242895.png
When here, you can add your templates using the add template button in the top right! Each template requires a name/title (so you can pick it from the dropdown when using it) and then it's as easy as copy/pasting your code into the box.
1620055180061.png1620055363735.png
When you want to use your templates, you can select them from the clipboard icon when posting or replying to a thread! Clicking the clipboard will open a dropdown menu with a list of all your active templates! In the editor template menu, you can choose to disable a template so it no longer shows up in your drop down list. This is a great alternative to deleting templates if you want to hold on to it for a future character or if you're planning on bringing a character back from a hiatus.
1620055437520.png
The button to disable/enable a posting template is right next to the delete button in the editor templates menu, though it currently does not have an icon (will be fixed soon). If you hover over it, it will say enable/disable template in hover text though!

I hope you're as excited for this new addition as I am! I'd just like to add that it is fairly early and I've only done minimal testing so far, so please do not hesitate to reach out with bugs or problems either via DM or in the suggestions/questions channel in Discord or by replying to this thread.

Thank you and have fun!
Sincerely,
Robbytaku