- Oct 5, 2020
Traditional Game Rules1. Keep roleplay canon. If something has no way of happening in the books, it can't happen in RP. No winged cats!
2. Only canon powers from the books are allowed. They must be admin approved before playing them!
3. A leader can be replaced after one month of 15 or fewer IC posts, or 2 weeks of no posts. The next highest position can then step up. (Deputy > Lead Warrior > Medicine Cat > Warrior)
4. A character can only be a leader or medicine cat for one and a half real life years. Then, the character must retire by stepping down, disappearing, dying, or otherwise.
5. Only a leader believing in StarClan may receive lives or visits from them.
6. Cats can't understand writing or human speech.
7. Only natural domestic cats are permitted (except for temporary NPCs for plots). Wild cat hybrids are permitted so long as the character is four generations removed from the wild cat.
8. It's up to the clan leader who joins. Characters can be rejected for any reasonable reason.
9. No powerplay/godmodding.
10. No excessively wide age gap relationships.
11. Travel between the Tribe and the Clans is not permitted without staff approval.
Traditional Game Rules - Expanded
- Everything in Traditional must be kept canon to the Warriors books. If it didn’t happen in the books, or couldn't realistically happen (such as your character sprouting wings), then it can’t happen in the roleplay. If you're not sure whether or not something would be allowed, don't hesitate to contact the staff team, or ask in the Help Room!
- If you want your character to have a power, the power must be canon, and you must contact an admin first. Powers are meant to be rare, so please contact us with a good reason for wanting one, such as a Clanwide plot. The powers included are:
- The Sight: Jayfeather’s power. You can sense emotion, see the future, walk in dreams, and speak to StarClan.
- Super Senses: Dovewing’s power. You can hear things very far away.
- Character Bond: Squirrelflight and Leafpool's power. You can send images and feelings through the bond and the characters can feel each other's pain.
- Invincibility: Lionblaze’s power. You cannot get injured in battle. This power has the potential to be incredibly overpowered, so please think up a good plot for this before asking an admin!
- Bringing spirits into visibility for other characters: Tree’s power. It allows you to see spirits trapped between StarClan and the Dark Forest, stuck to the world, and unable to move on. It can also be used to bring these spirits into vision of a regular cat.
- Sensing illness in another character: Yellowfang’s power. It allows you to know what injury a person has based on feelings. It does, however, cause immense pain if not controlled, because your character will feel the injuries.
- High Positions (in order of Deputy > Lead Warrior > Medicine Cat > Warrior) will assume the leader role if the current leader falls inactive for two weeks; alternatively, if a leader posts fifteen or fewer times over the course of a month, the next character in line can also take over. If the deputy is not eligible for promotion for any reason, the medicine cat will choose from the pool of lead warriors who will step up. If there is no deputy, medicine cat, or lead warrior, a normal warrior may step up. In such situations, don't hesitate to contact staff to help iron things out and make sure the "take over" goes smoothly.
- Leaders and medicine cats are allowed to remain in their position for a maximum of one and a half real-life years, before being forced to retire. This is in order to keep activity moving and to encourage new people and minds to guide their groups in different and interesting directions. If you're struggling with a reason for your characters demotion, don't hesitate to plot with the community or contact staff.
- If a character becomes the leader of a clan and they do not believe in StarClan, they can not reap the benefits of a StarClan approved leader. They will not receive signs or prophecies or nine lives, but can stilll bear a leader's name in title only (can still be named Examplestar, but by naming themselves and not through StarClan).
- Characters cannot understand human speech or writing; therefore, they wouldn't and couldn't use human swear words. However, within reason, swear words can be used in description—they cannot be used in verbal dialogue or the character's thoughts.
- Only domestic cats are allowed to be roleplayed in Traditional. This means no big or wild cats. However, any animal may be used as a temporary NPC for a plot. NPC animals (aside from NPC clanmates) can not assist or aid a character.
- Clan leaders can reject a character for any reasonable reason in-game. If you feel your character was rejected due to an out of character reason, please contact staff! A leader can reject your character from joining if they murdered someone, but not if the roleplayer doesn't like you.
- Powerplay and godmodding are strictly prohibited! Powerplay is when you control or injure another character without their permission, or without allowing them a chance to respond and react. You must attempt actions; do not assume your action/attack worked unless you've communicated with the other person, and received permission. If you haven’t asked, please always put “attempted”, especially in battle! (Example: NPCfur jumped at Examplepelt, attempting to scratch at his muzzle. If this succeeded, he would then...) Godmodding is making your character dodge every attack and be all-powerful. You can avoid this by giving them flaws and having an even balance in fights. (Example: My character is really big so he's super strong, but that also means he's slow and can't avoid attacks or attack as quickly).
- Please take into consideration the age of your character and the age of the characters they interact with romantically! An apprentice would translate to a teenager, and so a relationship with an older warrior (an adult) would be explicitly uncomfortable and should be avoided. Apprentices can not have kits.
- A character can not travel between the Tribe of Rushing Water and the Clans. The Tribes split was meant to be a tough moral decision for those who left, so permitting easy travel between the two negates the impact of that developmental choice. The Tribe is about a months travel away from the clans, and would be too long of a trip for a cat to make on their own without knowing where they're going. If you have an interesting plot that requires travel between the two groups, you may contact staff for approval!