WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO FLY (icecatcher)

OTTERPAW

★ || WATER CHILD
May 5, 2021
Bones

She didn't know many clan members and had always felt somewhat reluctant and embarrassed to push herself to find some friends. Somehow Icecatcher had been around much more than what she'd noticed before and seemed nice enough, so Otterkit was hopeful that the other would be willing to at the very least offer some kind words to her. She was older than her by several moons, and Otterkit couldn't help but wonder if she looked down at her the same way she herself looked down at the younger kits. Sure she may not be wanting to play a game or anything, but she was a younger kit. Icecatcher could easily brush her off and tell her to go play with the other kits. Perhaps that's where her problem was. She was in the in-between stage where she was either too old or too young to hang around certain cats. It was a struggle, and she didn't understand it. How was she supposed to deal with it? Sighing, she would give her fur a few nervous licks before she would head over to the sunny spot Icecatcher occupied. "H-hey Icecatcher. Mind if I join you?" The molly would shuffle her paws uneasily, hoping that she wouldn't turn her away.

// ahhhh! i had no idea how to start this oof @Icecatcher

Reactions: Icecatcher

Icecatcher

Yelling at rocks
Mar 4, 2021
Bones
The calico was only thrilled to be approached her younger clanmate, Otterkit, whom she'd seen around but never truly gotten the chance to say hi to. It was one of her slow days, so she'd been lazily sunning herself under the bright sun; sky-blue eyes blinked open and regarded the younger cat with a warm smile. Little did Otterkit know that Icecatcher herself had not so long ago been the youngest cat in a group of cats - her previous family, as she called them. Her parents had been kind and caring but they were too overprotective, never letting her play with the other kits or staying outside after sunset; once older, the others mere huffed when she wanted to play mossball or other games, telling her that it was kits' play. Thus, the calico always met the other WindClan cats enthusiastically, never letting the possibility of a new friend pass.

Hi Otterkit! Sure you can join me. Anything on your mind?" Icecatcher meowed pleasantly, always eager to chat with her clanmates. "I was just lying here thinking about the rivers beyond the gorge. I don't know if you've ever seen them, but I can't stop imagining how large the fish must be there..."

// no problem! I love random starts, gives lots of freedom to figure out where to go with the interaction ^_^

OTTERPAW

★ || WATER CHILD
May 5, 2021
Bones
The rivers? She had no idea what it was like outside camp (except for the outing with Brightstar of course). She had little idea of how far their land really stretched to. "Rivers? I wouldn't know for sure. I'm still considered not old enough to leave camp on my own." She mused, feeling rather embarrassed about the fact. In due time she would be old enough. She would know how to take care of herself then. "Oh! I suppose I should thank you for letting me join you." She remembered, knowing that she needed to be kind and polite.

Icecatcher

Yelling at rocks
Mar 4, 2021
Bones
"Hmm... I should take you out some time then!" Icecatcher mused, then smiled brightly at the kit once again. "Imagine water - puddles - and then a lot of it everywhere moving in one certain direction!" The calico purred softly as she blinked at the young cat. Otterkit was very polite, perhaps much more than she had been when she was younger. But Icecatcher was certain that the spotted kit would develop a curiosity that would bring her far and wide into the world - or at least the calico thought so, always convinced that cats were curious by nature (never mind the cats she knew who were obviously timid... like Birdwhisper...). "Have you seen much of the moor? The flowers are everywhere now and it's really pretty!"