WHERE THE SKIES ARE BLUE (introduction)

Chickadee Jumping Pines

♥ | MOM FRIEND
May 4, 2021
Bones
The cool wind ruffling her fur was a nice feeling. She couldn't recall the last time she'd gone out on a morning walk, just her and the wind. The others may consider her crazy, even somewhat lost in the head for being so connected to their nature home. It was no bother to her, she simply had a deep respect for their home and it seemed as if she were rewarded in turn. The earlier she left the better, as she had no other tribe members with her should one of the birds decide to try and make a meal of her. The large birds were quite scary, but she didn't like that they always had to kill them. Why couldn't they make an attempt to live in peace with one another? "If only things were simpler. Maybe then half our tribe wouldn't have left." Glancing up towards the slowly brightening sky, Chickadee would sigh as she spoke aloud to the Tribe of Endless Hunting, wondering if they would even hear her.

Rocky Ridge

WAYWARD SON ⁀➷
Jan 18, 2021
Bones

He curves his claws over stone, strategically shaving the edges of each bladed side. A soft hum playing from a mutilated maw as he sharpened his weaponry. The morning was young, a touch too early for a patrol, so the movement from below the ledge he seated was quick to draw his attention. Chickadee, his brain supplies the name to the pelt in which he watches, it seemed the molly was heading out alone. The other had often seemed mile’s away in thought, and such a habit was two things. A display of wonder and intelligence and that of a distracted easy target. With a flick of a tattered ear, he slithered from his perch, landing hard on muscled limbs. It took him several long strides to catch up with the other, alerted ears dancing on axis for any danger meanwhile catching her words. A soft hum of thought decorated with sadness falls from his nostrils, though in silence he reaches her side keeping a respectful distance.

" Ain’t much simpler out there- bigger claws, sharper teeth, and darker hearts. All we can do is lay under the stars we got and hope for the sun tomorrow- can’t reckon’ the future " his gravelly tone embarks upon the brief silence with the dryness of a cactus barb. " I think they left for the same reason we stay-… hope " his chocolatey hues search the earthen colors around him, soaking in the beauty such as the other was. " I hope I ain’t intruding on ya’… I prefer bein’ alone, myself " he adds, characterized with a swift flick of his tail. Truth adorned with false, Rocky didn’t like being alone but he did hate crowds.

Reactions: Strawberry Tuft

Chickadee Jumping Pines

♥ | MOM FRIEND
May 4, 2021
Bones
A small hum would emit from her jaws as she continued on her way, pausing only for a moment when she picked up the scent of one of her tribemates. She would offer a small purr of greeting as he approached her, silently thankful to have some form of company, and should things turn sour, protection. "No I don't mind. A paw of company now and again never hurts." She'd wait for him to get as close as he'd like before continuing on her way with a motion for him to follow. "I suppose you may be right." She'd sigh considering the thought. It had been some time since half the tribe left in search of someplace new to reside, and the tribe of endless hunting only knew if they had been successful or not. "Do you think they were successful? I would hope so." She looked over at the male, curiosity and a twinge of hope lighting up her eyes.

// oh my gosh, i love him already! i can see these two becoming potentially good friends!

Rocky Ridge

WAYWARD SON ⁀➷
Jan 18, 2021
Bones

The wind liked to breath heavily upon the rocky terrain, no matter the hour, mother nature’s song beckoning so boldly to life. He let his massive bony paws fall into an uninterrupting rhythm, offering a swiveled ear for her response. He was slightly relieved toward her calm allowance of his presence, he kept the possibility open to a snarky ‘brush-off’, after-all he didn’t know her well. " Yes ma’am- you just let me know if yer mind changes… I won’t take offense " he politely adds, flicking his sights to the side as he stirs some rocks causing a gentle scatter off the slope. He allows a soft subtle smile to grace his jaws, a touch of sadness to it all but naturally considering the topic.

Her following question grants him a moment to think, toying with the limits of his jaw subconsciously he formulates his words with a raspy draw. " I figure- the tribe of endless hunting would’ve told the stoneteller… if they even walk that far-…. " he speculates carefully. " they got quite the protection with my ex-mate- she’s as mean as a wolverine " he chuckles roughly, " they’re some brave cats- and that ain’t so easy to snuff " he adds, branded with hope. Meeting the other’s eyes, he catches a glimpse of that same hope. " What made you stay? " he ponders, following a curious flick of his ear .

/ TYSM I think so too! :) also, her name is so cute!